A common U.S. household invests more than $1,600 a year on home energy expenses, yet making some basic changes around the house can save cash and make heating & cooling systems more efficient, according to World Energy Solutions, a publicly traded energy services business based in St. Petersburg, Fla.
. By examining facilities and equipment, World Energy Solutions (sign: WEGY) helps businesses lower their energy intake and upkeep costs and extend the life of their devices.
" Many of the energy-saving techniques we use for our industrial customers can also be used to the house," says Benjamin Croxton, chief executive officer of World Energy Solutions. "There are numerous sensible, low-priced and no-cost methods to lower your home energy use in addition to many new innovations that can be applied to your home's energy-consuming systems."
Here are some tips from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy on things homeowners can do to make their houses more energy effective:
* Turn down the temperature of your hot water heater to the warm setting.
* Use energy-saving settings on refrigerators, dishwashing machines, washing clothing and makers clothes dryers.
* Use compact fluorescent bulbs, which can conserve three-quarters of the electrical power utilized by incandescents. To be replaced ought to be any 60-watt to 100-watt bulbs that are used several hours a day.
* Have your cooling and heating systems serviced in the fall and spring. Duct sealing can also enhance the energy performance and overall efficiency of your heater or central air conditioning conditioner.
* Clean or change furnace, a/c unit and heat-pump filters.
* Assess your heating & cooling systems to figure out if you ought to change or retrofit them to make them work more efficiently to offer the same convenience, or better, with less energy.
"If your house's main air-conditioning system is over 10 years old, a brand-new advanced system can save you 30 percent or more of your house's air-conditioning expenditure," states George Walker, air-conditioning expert with World Energy Solutions.
Need of experienced professionals with quality services in heating and cooling? Aspen Air work with the most experienced professionals in the Melbourne area in order to help you find the best brands of heating and cooling systems. For more information visit Patterson Lakes, Vic 3197 or website at http://aspenair.com.au/heating/gas-ducted
, or call now on 1300 661 861 for a free no obligation quote on a new ducted heating system.